Saturday, November 21, 2009

Robbing God's glory

So, I am really just journaling more than anything, but God just tested my heart, and I must confess the sin that was revealed!!! Basically, I took something that God gave me, and laid claim to it. It was mine, and I viewed as if I deserved all the glory for it! How sinful is that! To think, God so graciously gave me this gift in the first place. This must grieve God, to give his child a precious gift and then that child to take glory for it... But, in the place of contempt and disgust I find joy and forgiveness. Christ died for my sins! He was punished for that very instance of robbing God of His glory! "But he was pierced for my transgressions, he was crushed for my iniquities, the punishment that brought us piece was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed. We all like sheep have gone astray, each of us have turned to his on way. THE LORD HAS PLACED ON HIM THE INIQUITY OF US ALL!!!"

I must also testify to the grace of God's redemptive plan. He so graciously taught me about giving God the glory due his name this morning. And to think, he would also graciously reveal this in my life... I wrote this in my journal this morning about Psalm 18... "God saved David from all his enemies. He was grateful. He saw God delivered him; not himself. My application: GIVE GOD THE GLORY DUE HIS NAME!"

How crazy that God would reveal the very thing (or the lack there of) in my heart that I journaled about this morning! I am amazed by his gentleness in disciplining and correcting me. His word says, "How can a young man cleanse his way, by taking heed according to your word (ps 119:9-11). I delight in the law of the Lord (Ps1:1-4).

No comments:

Post a Comment