Saturday, November 28, 2009

Praise Him for the circumstance. Praise Him for the trial!!!

Maybe I am being emotional, maybe it is my feminine nature, but I just want to say that my heart is happy. I am so thankful that I do not hunger for a riddance of void in my life. I am done trying to fill a hole with an apparition of joy. I am grateful that Christ has died for my sins, paid my debt and now, has given me true peace and joy! But, I don't want to view this joy selfishly as if it was all about me. I want to bask in the sweet aroma of my Savior's death. I want to savor the taste of the gospel, for in it, there is "fullness of joy."

I want to find joy in every circumstance knowing that in every trial God is good. His character is good and therefore he cannot act anything other than what he is. "God is not man that he should lie, nor son of man that he should change his mind. Does he speak and not act? Does he promise and not fulfill." God is good, and therefore good to me!!!!! He is all wise, and therefore knows what is best for me. And He is all powerful, and therefore can and WILL accomplish what is good in my life!!! I believe that God's good is my good. Therefore, I must conclude that when God stretches out his hand and extends his goodness to me, it is not only for my good, but His glory! Praise Him for the circumstance. Praise Him for the trial!!!

"For the LORD God is a sun and shield; the LORD bestows favor and honor; no good thing does he withhold from those whose walk is blameless."
Ps 84:11

"By Him all things were created. Things in Heaven and on Earth. Visible and Invisible. Whether thrones or powers or rulers or authorities. All things were created by Him and for Him. He is before all things, and in Him they exist."

No comments:

Post a Comment