Tuesday, November 10, 2009

High Above all the Nations

Ok so through many trials this past month, I am starting to realize that disobedience/distrust is happening in my heart a lot with David. It has crept in so silently and stealthy, that I was unaware of this pattern in my life! God is revealing this to me, by his grace. So, this week my heart has been trying to meditate, contemplate, alleviate what is going on!!! I am not at the finished product, but feel it necessary to pen my heart! This is what I have come up with.

1. Obeying my husband is obeying God: "Wives, submit to your husbands as to the Lord. 23For the husband is the head of the wife as Christ is the head of the church, his body, of which he is the Savior." -Eph 5:22

2. I am called to submit in EVERYTHING: 24Now as the church submits to Christ, so also wives should submit to their husbands in everything. I am not called to obey David only when I think he is making a good decision. I am called to obey him regardless (unless it is clearly disobedient i.e. smoking weed). This is a part of my issue because I have let lies come in saying that I have a better decision. God is leading David, and David is being faithful to listen!!!

3. God will bless David's decision because I am obeying him. If I think I have a better decision and lack submission, God will not bless that!: " If you fully obey the LORD your God and carefully follow all his commands I give you today, the LORD your God will set you high above all the nations on earth" Deut 28:1-3

4. To obey David is to love God:
"Whoever has my commands and obeys them, he is the one who loves me. He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him." John 14:21 This too shows that if I submit to David, God will reveal himself to us!!

5. To truly submit to David should not be burdensome: "This is love for God: to obey his commands. And his commands are not burdensome, 4for everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith." I John 5:2-4
God's word promises that we can have victory in Christ because we have overcome through Christ. I can have victory!

6. Confess it: "If we confess our sins he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness." -I John 1:9

7. Meditate on this...God has given my abundant grace, for Christ died for my sins and I stand righteous before God!: "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.

Side note: I am so proud of my husband... He is a great leader. He has so encouraged me with his daily walking with Christ! He really seeks out counsel and is eager to follow Christ! He shows me grace all of the time!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment