Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My glorious calling!

So I was thinking in the shower how I have so many married friends who are in such a different stage of life... Working, going to school, staying at home with no child, staying at home with children, working and going to school, babysitting a grandchild three days a week, and the list goes on, or maybe it doesn't. But, what I was thinking is just how no matter where we are in life, we are called to be helpers to our husbands. For a season, it may help to go to work, or to stay home, or you name it... But, no matter where we are, we are to honor our husbands and be a helper! My in laws have been at home this week with me, and I have to admit, I have been a little anxious that they see me work at home. Will they think Im lazy? Do they know I am helping David? What do they think about me not working? etc... But, I was simply reminded that no matter what they think, God has called me to this season and to be a helper for David, and this is what my family has decided is the best way for ME to help David. I don't need to live in light of others approval (a trivial discipline that I must be reminded of every day!), but live for Christ and what he has called me to!!!! A Helper to my husband, not yours! Hence, I can rejoice! For God has called me out of the pits of hell, when I was living for myself, and he has saved me through Christ's death! And has given me a calling!!! Praise Jesus, God has gave me a glorious calling!!! To be my husband's helper!!!

Let us not become weary in doing good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment