Sunday, December 13, 2009

Now all I know is grace!

I just simply feel like writing, so here you go, my friend:

We have been doing a study of Psalms in church, and in our Quiet Time as well! It has been totally refining, and absolutely refreshing! Our Pastor said at the beginning of this study, "We study Psalms to study the Cross!" What sweet words, to know that the Psalter is so much more than a soft-hearted, sentimental piece that helps align your heart before worship (which it is, but it is more than that as well!)

I must admit, this season of my life has been challenging and ever bearing of my complaints and grievances. Many questions and pleas for God to take my cup away from me! Oh how my God must love me, to keep me in this time of revelation of my sin!
But, I must say that I have learned through Psalms, he is doing more than keeping me, he is refining me! God says in his word, "A crucible for silver and a furnace for gold, but the Lord tests the heart."

The gold and silver must go through the heat to be refined and made pure! Then he says, the Lord is the one who tests the heart, God's testing will result in my refining!

My season has been hard and sinful, but God is molding me into his image! I am constantly being reminded in the Psalms study that God's steadfast love and faithfulness are poured on me because of Christ's death on the cross! Thank Christ for his "obedience to death, even death on a cross." Like that song goes, "Now all I know is grace... Hallelujah."

"But I have trusted in your steadfast love, my heart shall rejoice in your salvation. I will sing to the Lord for he has dealt bountifully with me." -Ps 13
"All the paths of the Lord are steadfast love and faithfulness." Ps 25
"He leads me in paths of righteousness" -Ps 23
"For the king trusts in the Lord, and through the steadfast love of the Most High he shall not be moved." Ps 21
"For your steadfast love is before my eyes, and I walk in your faithfulness." Ps 26
"Let the thank the Lord for his steadfast love."Ps 107


No comments:

Post a Comment