Sunday, April 18, 2010

#1 from Femininity Conference

Girl Time!!!!! That is right! This weekend, women gathered from all around to here an excellent author/speaker, Carolyn McCulley! What a treat for us women, and I want you to be able to indulge as well! This week, I want to share a few truths that were so encouraging for me this weekend!

So, here goes #1:

"And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that He exists, and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him."

That is a familiar scripture memory verse right? Well, I must admit that although I knew that verse, I don't think I truly understood the last phrase until she explained it. She said, "Do you really believe that God will reward you?"

Now, let me clarify, for all you skeptical women out there. I don't think she was intending, nor do I think the verse is saying that God will reward us with whatever we desire, and it is not saying that these rewards are self indulgent adding to our thrills in life.

I do, however, think that this reward God is speaking of is the reward that he will fulfill his promises, that he will act as he said he would. "God is not man that he should lie, nor son of man that he should change his mind. Does he speak and not act? Does he promise and not fulfill?" How I apply this is simple... In those moments where David and I are in conflict, and I think that by nagging him, he will learn his lesson or I will get my way, this is by no means biblical and by no means will it produce the fruit that I desire.

If, however, I am quiet and gentle with him, with all submissiveness, having hope in God, obeying God, my obedience (given from God) will produce fruit. God will act on my behalf. Not that I will receive what I want, but God will reward me, he will produce in me or David the character that reflects his glory!

So, maybe I could break it down by saying that God rewards a heart of obedience with a fruitful life! God will reward me.

Here is another example: David decided to tell his administration that he did not want to coach next year. He felt God leading him in that decision due to the lack of time for family he had while coaching. So, David stepped out in faith. He was not rehired, due to this choice, but, we have hope that God will reward his decision. God promises he will provide! We believe God and who he says he is! He will provide for us! He is Sovereign.

"...according to the plan of Him who works out EVERYTHING in conformity to the purpose of HIS will!" Eph 1:11







No comments:

Post a Comment