Monday, October 19, 2009

My poem to put into words what I am going through...

The Struggle

I am thinking writing and attempting to pen
this beautiful place I find my heart in.

Struggling, weak, hurting in pain
what I'm learning though is that its all gain.

Through treacherous terrain I am attacking my path
through fear and sin my heart doth grasp,

The truth so freeing, so strong indeed,
all I can do is fall to my knees.

When its tough and I feel this deep so dark,
I look at you, for you are the mark.

Sometimes I admit, I can't feel ease.
in this constant abyss that won't release,

Does it ever end, are you really there?
I have all these feelings I am very aware.

Is it true that in weakness you are strong,
Have you really been there all along.

In the deepest pit my heart does go,
Lord, I can't imagine the thought of growth.

My heart dissolves in your presence alas,
for Christ I see you more than a task.

God so merciful, so gracious indeed,
praise you O Lord, for you have set my soul free!

Pierced Crushed Wounded this perfect God,
In my place, to the pits of hell he trod.

This thought of Christ makes me unashamed,
makes me see this struggle my highest gain!

I do see Christ revealing his love to me,
these chains I once saw are setting me free!

1 comment:

  1. "This thought of Christ makes me unashamed,
    makes me see this struggle my highest gain!

    I do see Christ revealing his love to me,
    these chains I once saw are setting me free!"

    Sorry I am just now commenting. :) I have reread this poem a couple of times, and the last two lines are my favorite!

    I feel like I can relate-- that sometimes in the most difficult times of my life, I see Christ's love for me revealed even more: and my hardest struggles DO become my highest gain, because I feel like I have more of Christ.

    I hope I'm making sense.
    Thanks for posting this.

    ReplyDelete